If you've recently lost a tooth, you know how difficult it can make things for both your smile's appearance and function. Thankfully, dental implants so closely resemble real teeth that patients cannot tell which ones are which. Dr. John Brodner helps his Tequesta, FL, patients recover the oral function and smile aesthetics they once had. Trust him to help you too with amazing dental implants.
A dental implant is...
- An artificial tooth root
- The foundation for a metal abutment and porcelain crown
- The builder of your jaw bone post-extraction
- Made of titanium
- Shaped like a tapered cylinder or roughly surfaced screw
- Biocompatible with the bone in your jaw, bonding to it through osseointegration
- Versatile, supporting a single crown, bridgework or, when surgically inserted into the jaw in multiples, anchoring a full or partial denture
- Long-lasting (staying firmly in place for decades says the Institute for Dental Implant Awareness)
- The prosthetic which allows you to eat whatever you want
- Easy to care for with routine brushing, flossing and preventive dentistry services at from your dentist in Tequesta, FL
- Life-changing and unlike any other dental prosthetic
Yes, dental implants truly are life-changing. They look and feel real and don't compromise the position or integrity of adjoining natural teeth.
Do you qualify for dental implants?
Now that you know what one is and why they are today's premium tooth replacements, can you receive them? The answer is yes. However, you must undergo a comprehensive oral exam, including special scans of your bone, to determine if your overall health, oral health and jaw bone density are sufficiently strong. Most adults do qualify.
The implant procedure
It's a one-visit treatment, involving locate anesthetic. Dr. Brodner places the implant into the underlying bone. A couple of sutures closes the site, and you return home. The bonding process between the implant and your jawbone takes several weeks. When you return to Brodner Dentistry, your dentist will attach a metal abutment and porcelain crown to complete the restoration.
If you desire the appearance, function and quality dental implants deliver, contact Dr. John Brodner at Brodner Dentistry in Tequesta, FL. He is a Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantology. Call today for a consultation: (561) 746-7600.